Bangkok child rapist says he raped 9, murdered 4 others

Bangkok child rapist says he raped 9, murdered 4 others
Bangkok child rapist says he raped 9, murdered 4 others
The suspect who allegedly raped and murdered the six-year-old girl in Bangkok 10 days ago claims he has raped 9 others, murdering 4 of them. (Image:

Bangkok – The man who allegedly raped and murdered a six-year-old girl in Bangkok 10 days ago told police he has kidnapped and raped nine others, killing four of them, according to reports.

Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy chief Thitirat Nongharnpitak said that investigators are checking into his claims.

Since the arrest of the 36-year-old Mr. Nui, two people have contacted police to report their daughters missing. One of the girls reportedly went missing at a Red Cross fair in Loei province on February 5 this year, the other in Bangkok’s Bang Bon district, said Pol Maj Gen Thitirat.

The authorities did not release the date of the Bang Bon case, and no other details were given of any other cases investigators had uncovered.

Mr Nui has no last name or ID card because he was an orphan, said Pol Lt Col Sitthisak Nakamat, the chief investigator of Bang Na police station.

A police news conference was held Monday in Bangkok, during which the parents of the murdered 6-year-old Nong Cartoon sat two seats away from the suspect. The mother held the father’s arm throughout.

Police had to keep the victim’s father from going near the suspect, the Bangkok Post reported.

During the news conference, Mr. Nui said, “My apologies to the child’s parents. I didn’t mean to do what I did”.

The victim’s parents were given 100,000 baht in compensation by Pol Col Narat Sawatanan director-general of the Rights and Liberties Protection Department.

On December 6, the victim’s father, Sayan Petchdon, took his daughter Attitaya (nicknamed Cartoon) to a Thai country music concert in a Bangkok suburb on Sukhumvit Soi 105 near the BTS skytrain Bearing Station with seven friends.

Attitaya got sleepy during the concert, and the father took her to the truck to rest. She fell asleep and he returned to the concert. Upon returning to the truck after the concert finished some 40 minutes later, she had disappeared.

Video footage from a nearby 7-11 and from the skytrain station revealed the girl being led away by a man. The video shots were released in the social media, and the man was recognized this past Sunday by someone in northeast Thailand, who alerted police. Mr. Tui was subsequently arrested.

Mr. Nui had previously served three years and eight months in prison for abducting a child under the age of 15, and was released in August 2012.

Authorities said they found a human skull in a deserted area near Sukhumvit Soi 105, along with the clothes Attitaya was wearing the night she disappeared.

Mr. Nui told police when he attempted to rape the girl, she resisted, so he choked her until she stopped moving. He then raped her.

He claims he thought she had passed out when he abandoned her, not realizing she had died.

He also says he was drunk that night.

[CORRECTION: in our initial report, Free District mistakenly reported the concert and victim’s abduction took place on Sukhumvit Soi 65. It took place on Sukhumvit Soi 105 near the BTS Bearing skytrain station.]

Join the discussion

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *