Philippine News: Zamboanga City, Muslim Rebels Hostage Crisis (2nd UPDATE): The clash continues between Philippine military forces and Muslim Moro National Liberation Front rebels in Zamboanga City. At 1:54pm another fire just broke out within the conflict zone (Sta. Catalina & Sta. Barbara) while the firefight is ongoing.
The latest casualties update as of 11:27am, Sept. 13, 2013: 2 soldiers had been killed and 29 wounded in action from the Arm Forces of the Philippines (AFP).
At least 3 are killed from the Philippine National Police (PNP), 2 civilians had been killed and 22 had been injured. There are 19 Muslim Moro National Liberation Front rebels captured and 12 killed.
According to one of the released hostages, Fr. Michael Ufana, there are still more than 200 hostages with children. He is asking that the military back-out from their present position. Fr. Ufana said the government troops can never infiltrate the area without sacrificing the hostages. Habier Malik, leader of the MNLF rebels holding the hostages, said during a phone interview that he is willing to release the hostages with the proper issues to be addressed.