NBA Playoffs 2014 standings and latest score updates for the postseason tournament of the National Basketball Association (NBA) that kicks off on April 19, 2014.
“The NBA said Monday that officials made a mistake when they called a foul on Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard with 10.8 seconds left in overtime of Sunday’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers. Instead, the foul should have been called on Portland power forward Joel Freeland.”
“After video review by the league office, we have determined that the officials were incorrect in assessing a foul to the Rockets’ Dwight Howard with 10.8 seconds remaining in overtime,” NBA president of basketball operations Rod Thorn said in a statement.
“The foul should have been called on the Blazers’ Joel Freeland and Howard should have been awarded two free throws.”
The NBA has fined Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri $25,000 for using profanity in a public place. Ujiri was speaking at a public rally Saturday before the Raptors hosted the Brooklyn Nets in Game 1 of their first round playoff series when he used an expletive. He later apologized.
NBA Playoffs 2014 Eastern Conference
1. Indiana Pacers (56-26) vs. 8. Atlanta Hawks (38-44)
2. Miami Heat (54-28) vs. 7. Charlotte Bobcats (43-39).
3. Toronto Raptors (48-34) vs. 6. Brooklyn Nets (44-38)
4. Chicago Bulls (48-34) vs. 5. Washington Wizards (44-38)
NBA Playoffs 2014 Western Conference
1. San Antonio (62-20) vs. 8. Dallas Mavericks (49-33)
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (59-23) vs. 7. Memphis Grizzlies (50-32)
3. Los Angeles Clippers (57-25) vs. 6. Golden State Warriors (51-31)
4. Houston Rockets (54-28) vs. 5. Portland Trail Blazers (54-28)