A mass funeral took place over Turkey explosion, for the victims of the suicide bomb attack that shook the nation’s security on Monday.
Hundreds of people attended Tuesday’s funeral of 25 victims in the southeastern city of Gaziantep after the post-mortem examinations.
The families of the victims shouted slogans against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), the organization behind the attack.
Mourners also accused the Turkish state authorities for not taking enough measures to combat the armed group, which is actively fighting against the Kurdish community in Syria.
Turkey’s Prime Minister, Ahmet Davutoglu, said the suspected bomber has identified.
The authorities did not reveal the name of the suspect, but they hinted a high probability the attack was planned by the Islamic State (IS) group.
The attack targeted the university students from an activist group, Federation of Socialist Youth Associations, as they gathered to tell the reporters about their plans to enter Syria and help rebuild Kobane, a city in northern Syria along the Turkish border.
As the proceedings were going on, there was a huge explosion and sending up flames from within the crowd.
Kobane witnessed one of the biggest battles against ISIL last year and was re-captured by Syrian Kurdish fighters last month after repeated attacks.
The massacre in Suruc led to demonstrations on the streets of Istanbul on Tuesday evening. The police was deployed to control the outrage, and the officers used tear gas and water cannon to disperse pro-Kurdish activists.
“What’s necessary will be done against whomever is possible,” said Mr. Davutoglu.
“This is an attack that targeted Turkey.”
The Turkish leaders have expressed that they do not plan any unilateral military invasion into Syrian territory.
The Turkish forces have tightened security at the Syrian border to prevent the armed group getting into the region. IMAGE/ibtimes.co.uk